- Club with suckers.
- Stalk with four series of suckers and pads in distal 1/2 to 2/3.*
- Funnel valve absent.
- Funel organ: Dorsal pad with three papillae.
- Tubercles present (1-4) at funnel-mantle fusion.
- Anterior third or more inserts on mantle (in subadults) rather than shell-sac of gladius.***
- Three photophores on each eye.**
- Photophores present on all arm tips of mature females.
*Unique in family but see Bathothauma and Megalocranchia.
**Unique in family.
***Unusual in family; shared with Egea.
Characteristics are from Voss (1980).
No one has provided updates yet.