- Tentacular club with about 33 hooks and 33 small, marginal suckers.
- Mantle soft and fleshy.
- Mantle skin with longitudinal ridges in large specimens (Clarke, 1980). The photographs below compare the skin of K. longimana (left, middle) with the skin of Onykia robsoni (right).
- Gladius not visible beneath skin in dorsal midline.
- Gladius thin and fragile with 3 pairs of narrow longitudinal ribs: one borders rhachis, one at marginal rim and one inbetween the other two.
- Gladius rostrum 5-8% of ML (Kubodera et al., 1998); 2-5% of ML (Clarke, 1980).
- Gladius rostrum tricornate dorsally in cross-section along conus field; convex rib present over full length of flat dorsal surface.
Except where indicated, this description is taken from Filippova (1972). Squids of the type series had a purple-brown color.
No one has provided updates yet.