There are around 15 species of mackerel shark. This order includes the Great White Shark and other famous sharks. These sharks have two dorsal fins, five gill slits on each side, and a mouth that ends behind they eyes.
- Rudolph, N. 2002. "Isurus oxyrinchus" (On-line), Animal Diversity Web. Accessed January 26, 2012 http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Isurus_oxyrinchus.html.
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Encyclopedia of Life, available from: http://www.eol.org/pages/356797
- “Isurus oxyrinchus.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isurus_oxyrinchus
- “Lamniformes.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamniformes
- “Lamniformes.”Biology of Sharks and Rays. Available from:
No one has provided updates yet.