The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Hauton D; Coneya AM; Egginton S. 2009. Both substrate availability and utilisation contribute to the defence of core temperature in response to acute cold. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology. 154(4): 514-522.
- Rummer JL. 2010. Brrrown adipose tissue: special fat for cold critters. Journal of Experimental Biology. 213: vi.
- Shuker, KPN. 2001. The Hidden Powers of Animals: Uncovering the Secrets of Nature. London: Marshall Editions Ltd. 240 p.
- Thorington, Richard W., Jr., John L. Koprowski, Michael A. Steele, and James F. Whatton. 2012. Squirrels of the World. vii + 459
- Thorington, Richard W., Jr., and Robert S. Hoffman / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Family Sciuridae. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 2. 754-818
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!