The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Archer, Frederick I. II, and William F. Perrin. 1999. Stenella coeruleoalba. Mammalian Species, no. 603. 1-9
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. 1991. Opinion 1660: Steno attenuatus Gray, 1846 (currently Stenella attenuata; Mammalia, Cetacea): specific name conserved. Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature, vol. 48, part 3. 277-278
- K. Hogetsu, Biological productivity of some coastal regions of Japan. In: Marine Production Mechanisms, M. J. Dunbar, Ed. (International Biological Programme Series, no. 20, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, England, 1979), pp. 71-87, from p. 74.
- Mead, James G., and Robert L. Brownell, Jr. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Cetacea. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 1. 723-743
- Perrin, W. F., E. D. Mitchell, J. G. Mead, D. K. Caldwell, M. C. Caldwell, P. J. H. van Bree, et al. 1987. Revision of the spotted dolphins, Stenella spp. Marine Mammal Science, vol. 3, no. 2. 99-170
- Rice, Dale W. 1998. Marine Mammals of the World: Systematics and Distribution. Special Publications of the Society for Marine Mammals, no. 4. ix + 231
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and F. Russell Cole. 2000. Common Names of Mammals of the World. xiv + 204
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!