The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Auk 116:83-96.
- Bates J. M., S. J. Hackett, and J. M. Goerck. 1999. High levels of mitochondrial DNA differentiation in two lineages of antbirds Drymophila and Hypocnemis. Auk 116:1093-1106.
- Brumfield, R. T., J. G. Tello, Z. A. Cheviron, M. D. Carling, N. Crochet, and K. V. Rosenberg. 2007. Phylogenetic conservatism and antiquity of a tropical specialization: Army-ant-following in the typical antbirds (Thamnophilidae). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 45(1):1-13.
- First description of the nest of the Silvered Antbird (Sclateria naevia) with notes on eggs and nestlings. Ornitologia Neotropical. 22, 307-311. (2011).
- Gill, F. and M. Wright. 2006. Birds of the World: Recommended English Names. Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press.
- The nest, eggs and nestlings of Fulvous Antshrike Frederickena fulva from north-east Ecuador. Bulletin of the British Ornithologists Club. 132(1), 65-68. (2012).
- Hackett, S. J. and K. V. Rosenberg. 1990. Comparison of phenotypic and genetic differentiation in South American antwrens (Formicariidae). Auk 107:473-489.
- Irestedt, M., J. Fjeldså, J. A. A. Nylander, and P. G. P. Ericson. 2004. Phylogenetic relationships of typical antbirds (Thamnophilidae) and test of incongruence based on Bayes factors. BMC Evolutionary Biology 4:23.
- Isler, M. L., P. R. Isler, and B. M. Whitney. 1999. Species limits in antbirds (Passeriformes: Thamnophilidae): The Myrmotherula complex.
- Isler, M. L., P. R. Isler, and B. M. Whitney. 1998. Use of vocalizations to establish species limits in antbirds (Passeriformes: Thamnophilidae). Auk 115:577-590.
- Isler, P. R. and B. M. Whitney. 2002. Songs of the Antbirds. Macaulay Library of Natural Sounds, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology. Ithaca, NY.
- Moyle, R. G., R. T. Chesser, R. T. Brumfield, J. G. Tello, D. J. Marchese, and J. Cracraft. 2009. Phylogeny and phylogenetic classification of the antbirds, ovenbirds, woodcreepers, and allies (Aves: Passeriformes: infraorder Furnariides. Cladistics 25:386-405.
- Ridgely, R. S. and G. Tudor. 1994. The Birds of South America. Volume 2. The Suboscine Passerines. University of Texas, Austin.
- Skutch, A. F. 1996. Antbirds and Ovenbirds. University of Texas Press, Austin, TX.
- Zimmer, K.J. and K.J. Isler. 2003. Family Thamnophilidae (typical antibirds). Pages 448651in Handbook of the Birds of the World. Vol. 8. Broadbills to Tapaculos. J. del Hoyo, A. Elliott, and D. A. Christie, eds. BirdLife International and Lynx Editions, Cambridge, UK and Barcelona.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!