The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Beebe, W. 1946. Field notes on the snakes of Karatabo, British Guiana, and Caripito, Venezuela. Zoologica 31:11-52.
- Duellman, W.E. 1978. The biology of an equatorial herpetofauna in Amazonian Ecuador. Miscellaneous Publications, Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas 65:1-352
- Etheridge, K. 2011. Maria Sibylla Merian: The First Ecologist. in V. Molinari and D. Andreolle, editors. Women and Science: Figures and Representations – 17th century to present. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Marques, O. A. V. and I. Sazima. 2008. Winding to and fro: constriction in the snake Anilius scytale. Herpetological Bulletin 103:29-31
- Martins, M. and E. M. Oliveira. 1998. Natural history of snakes in forests of the Manaus region, Central Amazonia, Brazil. Herpetological Natural History 6:78-150
- Maschio, G. F., A. L. C. Prudente, F. S. Rodrigues, and M. S. Hoogmoed. 2010. Food habits of Anilius scytale (Serpentes: Aniliidae) in the Brazilian Amazonia. Zoologia (Curitiba, Impresso) 27:184-190
- Maschio, G. F., A. L. da Costa Prudente, A. C. de Lima, and D. T. Feitosa. 2007. Reproductive biology of Anilius scytale (Linnaeus, 1758) (Serpentes, Aniliidae) from eastern Amazonia, Brazil. South American Journal of Herpetology 2:179-183
- McDiarmid, Roy W., Jonathan A. Campbell, and T'Shaka A. Touré. 1999. Snake Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, vol. 1. xi + 511
- Merian, M.S. 1719. Metamorphosis Insectorum Surinamensium. Joannes Oosterwyk, Amsterdam
- Pieters, F. F. J. M. and D. Winthagen. 1999. Maria Sibylla Merian, naturalist and artist (1647-1717): a commemoration on the occasion of the 350th anniversary of her birth Archives of Natural History 26:1-18
- Sawaya, R. J. 2010. The defensive tail display of Anilius scytale (Serpentes: Aniliidae). Herpetology Notes 3:249-250
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!