- Matsuura, K. 2001 Balistidae. Triggerfishes. p. 3911-3928. In K.E. Carpenter and V. Niem (eds.) FAO species identification guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of the Western Central Pacific. Vol. 6. Bony fishes part 4 (Labridae to Latimeriidae), estuarine crocodiles. FAO, Rome. (Ref. 9770)
- Sommer, C., W. Schneider and J.-M. Poutiers 1996 FAO species identification field guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of Somalia. FAO, Rome. 376 p. (Ref. 30573)
- Myers, R.F. 1991 Micronesian reef fishes. Second Ed. Coral Graphics, Barrigada, Guam. 298 p. (Ref. 1602)
Water temperature and chemistry ranges based on 1 sample.
Depth range (m): 5 - 29.5
Temperature range (°C): 26.525 - 26.525
Nitrate (umol/L): 0.732 - 0.732
Salinity (PPS): 35.095 - 35.095
Oxygen (ml/l): 4.572 - 4.572
Phosphate (umol/l): 0.121 - 0.121
Silicate (umol/l): 0.869 - 0.869
Depth range (m): 5 - 29.5
Note: this information has not been validated. Check this *note*. Your feedback is most welcome.
From 1 to 30 meters.
Life History and Behavior
- Kawase, H. and A. Nakazono 1992 Reproductive behavior of the flagtail triggerfish, Sufflamen chrysopterus. p. 905-907. In R.H. Richmond (ed.) Proceedings of the Seventh International Coral Reef Symposium, Guam.
Molecular Biology and Genetics
Barcode data: Sufflamen chrysopterum
Below is a sequence of the barcode region Cytochrome oxidase subunit 1 (COI or COX1) from a member of the species.
See the BOLD taxonomy browser for more complete information about this specimen and other sequences.
-- end --
Download FASTA File
Statistics of barcoding coverage: Sufflamen chrysopterum
Public Records: 9
Specimens with Barcodes: 40
Species With Barcodes: 1
Relevance to Humans and Ecosystems
The halfmoon triggerfish lives around seaward reefs and shallow lagoons. It is solitary and can often be seen swimming around coral looking for small animals, like crustaceans and worms, on which it feeds.
The Halfmoon picassofish species is often also named Halfmoon triggerfish.
- "Sufflamen chrysopterum". Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 29 April 2006.
- Froese, Rainer and Pauly, Daniel, eds. (2006). "Sufflamen chrysopterum" in FishBase. April 2006 version.
|This triggerfish article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!