The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Allen, G.R. 1985. Butterfly and angelfishes of the world. Vol. 2. 3rd edit. in English. Mergus Publishers, Melle, Germany.
- Allen, G.R.0 Butterfly and angelfishes of the world. Vol. 2. 3rd edit. in English. Mergus Publishers, Melle, Germany. (Ref. 4858)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL). The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL), Ocean Springs, Mississippi, USA. (Ref. 34634)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the J.L.B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology, Grahamstown, South Africa. J.L.B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology, Grahamstown, South Africa. (Ref. 36670)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Burgess, W.E.0 Butterflyfishes of the world. A monograph of the Family Chaetodontidae. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. (Ref. 4855)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Findley, J.S. and M.T. Findley0 Global, regional, and local patterns in species richness and abundance of butterflyfishes. Ecological Monographs. 7(1), pp. 69-91. (Ref. 40521)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Golani, D. and S. V. Bogorodsky0 The fishes of the Red Sea - reappraisal and updated checklist. Zootaxa 2463:1-135. (Ref. 84159)
- Harborne, A.R., A.B. Gill, P.S. Raines and J.M. Ridley0 Danjugan Island marine reserve. Summary report to the Philippine reef and Rainforest Conservation Foundation. (Ref. 42831)
- Hardy, J.D. Jr. (comp.)0 Coral reef fish species. NOAANational Oceanographic Data Center. NODC Coral Reef Data and Information Management System. USA. 537 p. (Ref. 48497)
- Hureau, J.-C.0 La base de donn
- Khalaf, M.A. and A.M. Disi0 Fishes of the Gulf of Aqaba. Marine Science Station, Aqaba, Jordan. 252 p. (Ref. 48643)
- Khalaf, M.A.0 Fish fauna of the Jordanian Coast, Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea. Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Marine Sciences 15(1): 23-50. (Ref. 58021)
- Lieske, E. and R. Myers0 Collins Pocket Guide. Coral reef fishes. Indo-Pacific & Caribbean including the Red Sea. Haper Collins Publishers, 400 p. (Ref. 9710)
- Masuda, H. and G.R. Allen0 Meeresfische der Welt - Gro
- Moldzio, S.0 Checklist of species from Marsa Shagra, Egypt. Personal Communication. Provided Excel file and photos. (Ref. 87788)
- Randall, J.E.0 Coastal fishes of Oman. University of Hawaii Press, Honolulu, Hawaii. 439 p. (Ref. 11441)
- Randall, J.E.0 Randall's tank photos. Collection of 10,000 large-format photos (slides) of dead fishes. Unpublished. (Ref. 28618)
- Righton, D., J. Kemp and R. Ormond0 Biogeography, community structure and diversity of Red Sea and western Indian Ocean butterflyfishes. J. Mar. Biol. Ass. U.K. 76(1):223-228. (Ref. 46110)
- Roberts, C.M. and R.F.G. Ormond0 Butterflyfish social behavior, with special reference to the incidence of territoriality: a review. Environ. Biol. Fish. 34:79-93. (Ref. 4864)
- Roberts, M.B., G.P. Jones, M.I. McCormick, P.L. Munday, S. Neale, S. Thorold, V.S.N. Robitzch and M.L. Berumen0 Homogeneity of coral reef communities across 8 degrees of latitude in the Saudi Arabian Red Sea. Unpublished. (Ref. 100374)
- Robins, C.R., R.M. Bailey, C.E. Bond, J.R. Brooker, E.A. Lachner, R.N. Lea and W.B. Scott0 World fishes important to North Americans. Exclusive of species from the continental waters of the United States and Canada. Am. Fish. Soc. Spec. Publ. (21):243 p. (Ref. 4537)
- Sommer, C., W. Schneider and J.-M. Poutiers0 FAO species identification field guide for fishery purposes. The living marine resources of Somalia. FAO, Rome. 376 p. (Ref. 30573)
- Swedish Museum of Natural History0 Fish collection database of the Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Swedish Museum of Natural History). Ichthyology Section, Department of Vertebrate Zoology, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm, Sweden. (Ref. 31402)
- Taquet, M. and A. Diringer0 Poissons de l'Oc
- To be filled0 Tubbataha List (Electronic file). Angelique Songco (pers.comm). (Ref. 57038)
- Whiteman, E.A. and I.M. C
- World Wide Fund for Nature (Philippines)0 Annual Ecosystem Research & Monitoring Reports. Tubbataha Conservation Project. WWF-Philippines. Electronic file. (Ref. 53416)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!