The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species 2006 (May, 2006) http://www.redlist.org http://www.redlist.org
- 10. Martin-Smith, K.M. (2005) Pers. Comm.
- 11. Martin-Smith, K.M. and Vincent, A.C.J. (2005) Seahorse declines in the Derwent estuary, Tasmania in the absence of fishing pressure. Biological Conservation, 123: 533 - 545.
- 2. Fishbase (March, 2004) http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?ID=46324&genusname=Hippocampus&speciesname=abdominalis http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?ID=46324&genusname=Hippocampus&speciesname=abdominalis
- 3. Pogonoski, J.J., Pollard D.A. & Paxton, J.R. (2002) Conservation Overview and Action Plan for Australian Threatened and Potentially Threatened Marine and Estuarine Fishes.Environment Australia. (March, 2004) http://www.deh.gov.au/coasts/species/marine-fish/syngnathidae6.html http://www.deh.gov.au/coasts/species/marine-fish/syngnathidae6.html
- 4. Australian Museum Fish Site-Fish Facts. Big-belly seahorse (March, 2004) http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/habdom.htm http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/fish/habdom.htm
- 5. Project Seahorse- Biology of seahorses (March, 2004) http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/biology2.html http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/biology2.html
- 6. Woods, C.M.C. (2002) Natural diet of the seahorse Hippocampus abdominalis. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 36: 655 - 660.
- 7. Project Seahorse- trade (March, 2004) http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/trade.html http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/trade.html
- 8. Project seahorse- conservation (March, 2004) http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/conservation.html http://seahorse.fisheries.ubc.ca/conservation.html
- 9. Lourie, S.A., Foster, S.J., Cooper, E.W. and Vincent, A.C.J. (2004) A guide to the identification of seahorses - Project Seahorse and TRAFFIC North America. University of British Columbia and World Wildlife Fund, Washington, D.C.
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL). The Gulf Coast Research Laboratory (GCRL), Ocean Springs, Mississippi, USA. (Ref. 34634)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the National Museum of Natural History (Smithsonian Institution). Smithsonian Institution-Division of Fishes. (Ref. 38732)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). Natural History Museum, London (formerly British Museum of Natural History (BMNH)). (Ref. 31982)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the University of British Columbia Fish Museum Fish Museum. University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. (Ref. 10937)
- Anonymous0 Fish collection database of the Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen. Zoological Museum, University of Copenhagen. (Ref. 40919)
- Beentjes, P., B. Bull, R.J. Hurst and N.W. Bagley0 Demersal fish assemblages along the continental shelf and upper slope of the east coast of the South Island, New Zealand. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 36:197-223. (Ref. 58461)
- Breder, C.M. and D.E. Rosen0 Modes of reproduction in fishes. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. 941 p. (Ref. 205)
- CITES0 Appendices I, II and III valid from 25 September 2012. UNEP. (Ref. 93496)
- Carl, H.0 Danish fish names. Zoological Museum of Copenhagen. Unpublished. (Ref. 51471)
- Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences0 Chinese aquatic germplasm resources database. http://zzzy.fishinfo.cn (Ref. 58108)
- Foster, S.J. and A.C.J. Vincent0 Life history and ecology of seahorses: implications for conservation and management. J. Fish Biol. 65:1-61. (Ref. 52034)
- Francis, M.0 Coastal fishes of New Zealand, a diver's identification guide. Heinemann Reed, Division of Octopus Publishing Group (NZ) Ltd., Aukland. 63 p. (Ref. 6787)
- Francis, M.P.0 Geographic distribution of marine reef fishes in the New Zealand region. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 30:35-55. (Ref. 45524)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2013). FishBase (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 11th March 2013 (Roskov Y., Kunze T., Paglinawan L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Culham A., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Hernandez F., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col/. Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Gomon, M.F. and F.J. Neira0 Syngnathidae: pipefishes and seahorses. p. 122-131. In F.J. Neira, A.G. Miskiewicz and T. Trnski (eds.) Larvae of temperate Australian fishes: laboratory guide for larval fish identification. University of Western Australia Press. 474 p. (Ref. 31838)
- Hilton-Taylor, C.0 2000 IUCN red list of threatened species. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK. xviii + 61 p. (with 1 CD-ROM). (Ref. 36508)
- Hoese, D.F., D.J. Bray, J.R. Paxton and G.R. Allen0 Fishes. In Beasley, O.L. and A. Wells (eds.) Zoological Catalogue of Australia. Volume 35.2 Australia: ABRS & CSIRO Publishing, 1472 p. (Ref. 75154)
- Hureau, J.-C.0 La base de donn
- Jeyaseelan, M.J.P.0 Manual of fish eggs and larvae from Asian mangrove waters. United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Paris. 193 p. (Ref. 43081)
- Lourie, S.A., A.C.J. Vincent and H.J. Hall0 Seahorses: an identification guide to the world's species and their conservation. Project Seahorse, London. 214 p. (Ref. 30915)
- Paulin, C. and C. Roberts. 1992. The rockpool fishes of New Zealand (Te ika aaria o Aotearoa). Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa Tongarewa). 177 p.
- Paulin, C. and C. Roberts0 The rockpool fishes of New Zealand (Te ika aaria o Aotearoa). Museum of New Zealand (Te Papa Tongarewa). 177 p. (Ref. 9003)
- Paulin, C., A. Stewart, C. Roberts and P. McMillan0 New Zealand fish: a complete guide. National Museum of New Zealand Miscellaneous Series No. 19. 279 p. (Ref. 5755)
- Roberts, C.D.0 Fishes of the Chatham Islands, New Zealand: a trawl survey and summary of the ichthyofauna. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 25(1):1-19. (Ref. 45493)
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Woods, C.M.C.0 Natural diet of the seahorse Hippocampus abdominalis. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 36:655-660. (Ref. 73407)
- Woods, C.M.C.0 Preliminary observations on breeding and rearing the seahorse Hippocampus abdominalis (Teleostei: Syngnathidae) in captivity. N.Z. J. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 34:475-485. (Ref. 53415)
- Wu, H.L., K.-T. Shao and C.F. Lai (eds.)0 Latin-Chinese dictionary of fishes names. The Sueichan Press, Taiwan. 1028 p. (Ref. 31517)
- Young, M.W.0 The spawning of the sea-horse. New Zealand J. Sci. Tech. 8(5):284. (Ref. 36629)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!