The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Bailly, N. (2015). Halichoeres. In: Froese, R. and D. Pauly. Editors. (2015) FishBase. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=158813
- Eschmeyer, William N. 1990. Genera of Recent Fishes. iii + 697
- Eschmeyer, William N., ed. 1998. Catalog of Fishes. Special Publication of the Center for Biodiversity Research and Information, no. 1, vol 1-3. 2905
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931. 1891. Review of the Labroid Fishes of America and Europe. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1887; Plate V
- Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931. 1891. Review of the Labroid Fishes of America and Europe. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Report of the Commissioner (United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries), 1887; Plate VI
- Jordan, David Starr. 1907. Fishes. New York City, NY : Henry Holt and Company; Fig. 503
- Jordan, David Starr; Seale, Alvin. 1906. Fishes of Samoa : Description of the Species Found in the Archipelago, with a Provisional Check-List of the Fishes of Oceania. Washington, DC : Government Printing Office. Bulletin of the Bureau of Fisheries, v.25, 1905; Plate XLVII-2
- Neue Wirbelth. Abyssin., (4) 14 (also as Halichoeres).
- Parenti, Paola, and John E. Randall. 2000. An annotated checklist of the species of the Labroid fish families Labridae and Scaridae. Ichthyological Bulletin of the J. L. B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology, no. 68. 97
- Rüppell, W.P.E.S. (1835-38). Neue Wirbelthiere zu der Fauna von Abyssinien gehörig. Fische des Rothen Meeres. Frankfurt-am-Main. 1-148, Pls. 1-33. [Part 1 (1835):1-28, Pls. 1-7.]
- Shiino, Sueo M. 1976. List of Common Names of Fishes of the World, Those Prevailing among English-speaking Nations. Science Report of Shima Marineland, no. 4. 262
- Zarco Perello, Salvador, Moreno Mendoza, Rigoberto, Simoes, Nuno (2014): Checklist of Fishes from Madagascar Reef, Campeche Bank, Mexico. Biodiversity Data Journal 2, 1100: 1100-1100, URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.3897/BDJ.2.e1100
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!