The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Bolton, B. 1995. A New General Catalogue of the Ants of the World. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Bolton, B. 1994. Identification Guide to the Ant Genera of the World. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Bolton, B. 2003. Synopsis and Classification of Formicidae. 370 pp. Memoirs of the American Entomological Institute, Vol. 71. Gainesville, FL.
- Bolton, B. and W. L. Brown, Jr. 2002. Loboponera gen. n. and a review of the Afrotropical Plectroctena genus group. Bulletin of the Natural History Museum (Entomology Series) 71: 1-18.
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1963. Characters and synonymies among the genera of ants. Part 3. Some members of the tribe Ponerini. Breviora 190: 1-10.
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1973. A comparison of the Hylean and Congo-West African rain forest ant faunas. Pp 161-185 in: Meggers, B. J., E. S. Ayensu, and W. D. Duckworth (eds). Tropical Forest Ecosystems in Africa and South America: a Comparative Review: 350 pp. Washington, D. C.
- Brown, W. L., Jr. 1976. Contributions towards a reclassification of the Formicidae. Part 6. Ponerinae, tribe Ponerini, subtribe Odontomachiti. Section A. Introduction, subtribal characters, genus Odontomachus. Studia Entomologica (N.S.) 19: 67-171.
- Hölldobler, B. and E. O. Wilson. 1990. The Ants. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Taylor, R. W. 1967. A monographic revision of the ant genus Ponera Latreille (Hymenoptera: Formicidae). Pacific Insects Monograph 13: 1-112.
- Wheeler, G. C. & Wheeler, J. 1976. Ant larvae: review and synthesis. Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Washington 74: 1-108.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!