Data about <i>Salmo cenerinus</i>
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
geographic distribution includes
|Europe: Po to Soca drainages (where it is possibly introduced) and northern slope of Apennine range (Italy, Switzerland, Slovenia)||FishBase|
body length (CMO)
|80.0 cm male or unsexed||FishBase|
Life History and Behavior
life span max
Glossary for Salmo cenerinus
- aquatic habitat
- A habitat that is in or on water.
- body length (CMO)
- A measurement of the longest dimension of a body, typically between two distinct ends of the body.
- [database_cross_reference: Dorland:Dorlands_Illustrated_Medical_Dictionary--31st_Ed] [database_cross_reference: ISBN:978-1416049982]
- A length unit which is equal to one hundredth of a meter or 10^[-2] m.
- [database_cross_reference: NIST:NIST]
- freshwater environment
- geographic distribution includes
- This organism is known to be present in this location or region
- Gravel is an environmental material which is composed of pieces of rock that are at least two millimeters (2mm) in its largest dimension and no more than 75 millimeters.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- A body of water or other liquid of considerable size contained on a body of land.
- Large river biome
- life span
- A time quality inhering in a bearer by virtue of the bearer's expected maximum age.
- oceanic benthopelagic zone biome
- The benthopelagic zone biome comprises regions of the marine water column which usually coincide with the benthic boundary layer (BBL) - the layer of isothermal and isohaline water contiguous to the sea floor. A general reversal in the declining gradient of pelagic biomass may be observed here, perhaps explained by viable nutrition on the sea floor being resuspended by bottom currents. This zone typically extends 100 m above the seafloor, but may reach upto1000 m during benthic storms.
- The part of an elevation or depression between the relatively flat surrounding area and the peak of a mount or the bottom of a depression.
- Linear body of water flowing on the Earth's surface.
- A stream or river which flows into another river (a parent river) or body of water but which may not flow directly into the sea.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!