The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1990. Marsupials. Pp. 210-211 in B Grzimek, ed. Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Mammals, Vol. 1, 1st Edition. New York: Mcgraw-Hill.
- Aplin, K., M. Archer. 1987. Recent advances in marsupial systematics with a new syncretic classification. Pp. xv-lxxii in M Archer, ed. Possums and Opossums: Studies in Evolution, Vol. 1. Chipping Norton: Surrey Beatty and Sons PTY Limited.
- Clutton-Brock, T. 1991. The Evolution of Parental Care. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- IUCN, 2004. "2004 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed October 19, 2005 at http://www.iucnredlist.org.
- Lillegraven, J. 1975. Biological considerations of the marsupial-placental dichotomy. Evolution, 29: 707.
- Moeller, H. 1990. Marsupials: Introduction. Pp. 212-219 in B Grzimek, ed. Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Mammals, Vol. 1, 1st Edition. New York: Mcgraw-Hill.
- Nowak, R. 1991. Order Marsupialia. Pp. 10-113 in Walker's Mammals of the World, Vol. 1, 5th Edition. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Parker, P. 1977. An ecological comparison of marsupial and placental patterns of reproduction. B Stonehouse, D Gilmore, eds. The Biology of Marsupials. London: T. Macmillan.
- Simpson, George Gaylord. 1945. The principles of classification and a classification of mammals. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, vol. 85. xvi + 350
- Thenius, E. 1990. Marsupials: Phylogeny. Pp. 219-231 in B Grzimek, ed. Grzimek's Encyclopedia of Mammals, Vol. 1, 1st Edition. New York: m.
- Vaughan, T., J. Ryan, N. Czaplewski. 2000. Mammalogy, 4th Edition. Toronto: Brooks Cole.
- Wilson, D., D. Reeder. 1993. Mammal Species of the World, A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference. 2nd edition. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!