||The Paleobiology Database|
|20.0 cm to 1.25 m||114||40|
|54.0 g to 9.0 kg||141||54|
|1.0 to 5.0||28||28|
|-1 to 1,649.7 m||139||37|
|-34 to 71.0 degrees||172||86|
|1.0 to 2.0 per year||24||24|
|-125 to 127.0 degrees||172||86|
|1.0 to 7.0 years||72||36|
|6.0 to 56.0 years||66||65|
|6.43 to 35.24 PSU||24||12|
|9.41 to 15.88 degrees Celsius||24||12|
|9.0 g to 9.63 kg||90||68|
- body length (VT)
- The distance from point to point along the longest axis of the body of an organism.
- body mass
- The amount of matter in the body of an organism.
- clutch/brood/litter size
- Single birth offspring quantity. The proportion or number of offspring produced from a single pregnancy (mammals) or ovulation (fish) or nesting (birds).
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- first appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- first appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the first appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (older bound)
- The older bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- last appearance (younger bound)
- The younger bound for the last appearance of this taxon in the fossil record, in Ma.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- litters per year
- Number of litters per female per year
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- million years ago
- 1 megaannum in the past. Megaannum, Ma. is a unit of time equal to one million (10^6) years.
- onset of fertility
- The age at which an organism develops the ability to produce live offspring.
- total life span
- The full period of time from birth to death of an organism.
- water salinity
- Dissolved salt concentration in seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- water temperature
- Temperature of the water at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
- A physical quality inhering in a bearer that has mass near a gravitational body.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!