Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:137
Specimens with Barcodes:118
Species With Barcodes:13
Enkianthus is a genus of shrubs or small trees in the heath family (Ericaceae). Its native range is in Asia, as far west as the eastern Himalayas, as far south as Indochina, and as far north and east as China and Japan.
This genus is considered cladistically the most basal member of the Ericaceae, that is, the descendent of the common ancestor of that Ericaceae that branched earliest from the rest of that family. It is classified as the sole member of the subfamily Enkianthoideae.
- Enkianthus campanulatus
- Enkianthus cernuus (Sieb. & Zucc.) Benth. & Hook. f. ex Makino
- Enkianthus chinensis Franch., China
- Enkianthus deflexus (Griff.) C.K.Schneid., China, Himalaya, Nepal
- Enkianthus nudipes (Honda) Ohwi
- Enkianthus pallidiflorus Craib
- Enkianthus pauciflorus E.H.Wilson, China
- Enkianthus perulatus C.K.Schneid., China, Japan
- Enkianthus quinqueflorus Lour., China
- Enkianthus recurvus Craib
- Enkianthus ruber Dop, Vietnam
- Enkianthus sikokianus (Palib.) Ohwi
- Enkianthus subsessilis (Miq.) Makino
- Enkianthus serotinus Chun & W.P.Fang, China
- Enkianthus serrulatus (E.H.Wilson) C.K.Schneid., China
- Enkianthus taiwanianus T.S.Ying, Taiwan
- Enkianthus tectus Craib
- Enkianthus tubulatus P. C. Tam.
- "Enkianthus Loureiro". Flora of China.
- BioLib.cz, Entry for Enkianthus
- Ahmed K. M. Golam Sarwara; Hideki Takahashi, Pollen morphology of Enkianthus (Ericaceae) and its taxonomic significance
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!