The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2009. "Leaf-nosed bat" (On-line). Encyclopaedia Britannica Online. Accessed February 27, 2009 at http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/693386/leaf-nosed-bat.
- Adams, R., S. Pedersen. 2000. Ontogeny, Functional Ecology, and Evolution of Bats. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Dewey, T. 2011. "Hipposiderinae (Old World leaf-nosed bats)" (On-line). Grzimek's Animal Life. Accessed April 25, 2011 at http://animals.galegroup.com.
- Graham, G., F. Reid. 1994. Bats of the World. New York: St Martin's Press.
- Hill, J., J. Smith. 1992. Bats: A Natural History. Austin, TX: University of Texas Press.
- IUCN, 2008. "IUCN 2008 Red List" (On-line). Accessed February 15, 2009 at http://www.iucnredlist.org/search.
- Jones, G. 2001. Bats. Pp. 754-785 in D MacDonald, ed. The Encyclopedia of Mammals. Oxfordshire, UK: Andromeda Oxford Limited.
- Kunz, T., P. Racey. 1998. Bat Biology and Conservation. Washington and London: Smithsonian Institution Press.
- Nowak, R. 1991. Walker's Mammals of the World: Fifth Edition. Baltimore and London: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Nowak, R. 1994. Walker's Bats of the World. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Simmons, N., T. Conway. 1997. "Tree of Life Web Project" (On-line). Rhinolophidae. Horseshoe Bats.. Accessed February 26, 2009 at http://tolweb.org/Rhinolophidae/16126/1997.01.01.
- Simmons, Nancy B. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Chiroptera. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 312-529
- Slaughter, B., D. Walton. 1970. About Bats: A Chiropteran Biology Symposium. Dallas: Southern Methodist University Press.
- Thomas, J., C. Moss, M. Vater. 2004. Echolocation in Bats and Dolphins. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Walton, D., B. Richardson. 1989. Fauna of Australia Volume 1B: Mammalia. Canberra, Australia: Australian Government Publishing Service.
- Wilson, D., D. Reeder. 2005. Mammal Species of the World. A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference (3rd ed.). Johns Hopkins University Press.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!