Melanthium is a genus of herbaceous perennial monocots native to North America. They are closely related to Veratrum, and in fact are included in that genus by some authors. The distinction between Melanthium and Veratrum is based on various morphological traits, but it is not yet clear where the line is best drawn.
- M. latifolium (Veratrum latifolium)
- M. parviflorum (Veratrum parviflorum)
- M. virginicum (Veratrum virginicum)
- M. woodii (Veratrum woodii)
- "11. Melanthium Linnaeus". Flora of North America. http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=1&taxon_id=120114.
- "Melanthiaceae Melanthium latifolium". International Plant Names Index. http://ipni.org/ipni/idPlantNameSearch.do?id=323980-2.
|This Liliales article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!