Molecular Biology and Genetics
Statistics of barcoding coverage
Specimens with Sequences:3
Specimens with Barcodes:3
Species With Barcodes:3
Tauraco is a genus of turacos. It contains the "typical" or green turacos; though their plumage is not always green all over, the presence of significant amounts of turacoverdin-colored plumage generally sets Turaco species apart from other Musophagidae. Indeed, as opposed to any other known birds, Tauraco turacos are the only living bird taxa that have any significant green pigment whatsoever, as the greens of many parrots etc. are due to structural color, not pigment.
- Guinea turaco (also called green turaco), Tauraco persa
- Livingstone's turaco, Tauraco livingstonii
- Schalow's turaco, Tauraco schalowi
- Knysna turaco, Tauraco corythaix
- Black-billed turaco, Tauraco schuettii
- White-crested turaco, Tauraco leucolophus
- Fischer's turaco, Tauraco fischeri
- Yellow-billed turaco, Tauraco macrorhynchus
- Bannerman's turaco, Tauraco bannermani
- Red-crested turaco, Tauraco erythrolophus
- Hartlaub's turaco, Tauraco hartlaubi
- White-cheeked turaco, Tauraco leucotis
- Ruspoli's turaco, Tauraco ruspolii
- Purple-crested turaco, Tauraco porphyreolophus
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!