WikipediaRead full entry
Scutiger is a genus of toads in the family Megophryidae. They are known commonly as lazy toads. They occur in China, Burma, Nepal, and northern India in high-altitude habitat. Most are endemic to China.
There are 21 species:
- Scutiger adungensis Dubois, 1979 – Adung lazy toad
- Scutiger bhutanensis Delorme and Dubois, 2001
- Scutiger boulengeri (Bedriaga, 1898) – Boulenger's lazy toad, Xizang alpine toad, Himalayan stream frog
- Scutiger brevipes (Liu, 1950)
- Scutiger chintingensis Liu and Hu, 1960 – Chinting lazy toad, Chinting alpine toad
- Scutiger glandulatus (Liu, 1950) – Hopachai lazy toad, chest gland cat-eyed toad
- Scutiger gongshanensis Yang and Su, 1979 – Gongshan lazy toad, Gongshan cat-eyed toad
- Scutiger jiulongensis Fei, Ye, and Jiang, 1995 – Jiulong cat-eyed toad
- Scutiger liupanensis Huang, 1985 – Liupan lazy toad, Liupan alpine toad
- Scutiger maculatus (Liu, 1950) – spotted lazy toad, piebald alpine toad
- Scutiger mammatus (Günther, 1896) – Tungsolo lazy toad
- Scutiger muliensis Fei and Ye, 1986 – Muli cat-eyed toad
- Scutiger nepalensis Dubois, 1974 – Nepal lazy toad, mountain pelobatid toad, Asiatic spadefoot toad
- Scutiger ningshanensis Fang, 1985 – Ningshan lazy toad, Ningshan alpine toad
- Scutiger nyingchiensis Fei, 1977 – Nyingchi lazy toad, Ladakh pelobatid toad, Nyingshi alpine toad
- Scutiger pingwuensis Liu and Tian, 1978 – Pingwu lazy toad, Pingwu alpine toad
- Scutiger sikimmensis (Blyth, 1855) – Sikkim lazy toad, Sikkim high altitude toad, Blyth's short-limbed frog
- Scutiger tuberculatus Liu and Fei, 1979 – bumpy lazy toad, round-tubercled cat-eyed toad
- Scutiger wanglangensis Ye and Fei, 2007
- Scutiger wuguanfui Jiang, Rao, Yuan, Wang, Li, Hou, Che, and Che, 2012 – Wu's lazy toad, Medog lazy toad
- Frost, Darrel R. (2014). "Scutiger Theobald, 1868". Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Jiang, K., et al. (2012). A new species of the genus Scutiger (Anura: Megophryidae) from southeastern Tibet, China. Zootaxa 3388, 29-40.
- Fu, J., et al. (1997). Phylogeny of genus Scutiger (Amphibia: Megophryidae): a re-evaluation. Asiatic Herpetol. Res 7, 32-37.
|This Megophryidae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|