The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 1. Biomimicry Institute, www.asknature.org
- 2. Christina Nicolson's outreach with www.karplab.net and Sangbae Kim, Biomimetic Robotics Lab, both directed by MIT professors
- 3. www.WhalePower.com of Ontario
- 4. National Geographic, "Design by Nature"
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Canada. Commission of Conservation. Committee on Fisheries, Game and Fur-Bearing Animals. 1916. Conservation of Fish, Birds and Game : Proceedings at a Meeting of the Committee, November 1 and 2, 1915. Toronto, Ontario : Methodist Book and Publishing House.; Facing page 1
- Clapham, Phillip J., and James J. Mead. 1999. Megaptera novaeangliae. Mammalian Species, no. 604. 1-9
- Mead, James G., and Robert L. Brownell, Jr. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Cetacea. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vol. 1. 723-743
- Perrin, W. (2015). Megaptera Gray, 1846. In: Perrin, W.F. (2015) World Cetacea Database. Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=137014
- Rice, Dale W. 1998. Marine Mammals of the World: Systematics and Distribution. Special Publications of the Society for Marine Mammals, no. 4. ix + 231
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!