The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Hartl, G. B., H. Burger, R. Willing, and F. Suchentrunk. 1990. On the biochemical systematics of the Caprini and Rupicaprini. Biochem. Syst. Ecol. 18:175182.
- Kazanskaya, E. Y., M. V. Kuznetsova, and A. A. Danilkin. 2007. Phylogenetic reconstructions in the genus Capra (Bovidae, Artiodactyla) based on the mitochondrial DNA analysis. Russian Journal of Genetics 43(2):181-189.
- Manceau, V., L. Despres, J. Bouvet, and P. Taberlet. 1999. Systematics of the genus Capra inferred from mitochondrial DNA sequence data. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 13:504-510.
- Pidancier, N., S. Jordan, G. Luikart and P. Taberlet. 2006. Evolutionary history of the genus Capra (Mammalia, Artiodactyla): Discordance between mitochondrial DNA and Y-chromosome phylogenies. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 40(3):739-749.
- Porter, V. 1996. Goats of the World. Farming Press, Ipswich, UK.
- Ropiquet, A. and A. Hassanin. 2006. Hybrid origin of the Pliocene ancestor of wild goats. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 41(2):395-404.
- Schaller, G. B. 1977. Mountain Monarchs: Wild Sheep and Goats of the Himalaya. University of Chicago Press, Chicago.
- Shackleton, D. M. 1997. Wild Sheep and Goats and their Relatives: Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan for Caprinae. IUCN, Gland, Switzerland.
- Valdez, R. 1985. Lords of the Pinnacles. Wild Goats of the World. Wild Sheep and Goat Council, Messila, New Mexico.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 2142
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!