Data about Viscaceae
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
||IRMNG - Interim Register of Marine and Nonmarine Genera.|
For some attributes EOL determines the span of values available for a taxon across all sources.
|Trait||Values||Record Count||Taxa Count|
|0 to 3,660.0 m||211||65|
Glossary for Viscaceae
- The original description of the elevation (altitude, usually above sea level) of the Location.
- This taxon is still in existence, as opposed to extinct.
- extinction status
- Indicates whether a taxon is extant (living today) or extinct.
- A category or description of the habitat in which the Event occurred.
- The natural environment in which an organism lives, or the physical environment that surrounds (influences and is utilized by) a species population.
- Habitat. (2013, August 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 19:01, August 14, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Habitat&oldid=567783959
- has host
- derives some resource as a symbiont, either commensal, parasitic or mutualistic
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_(biology); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis
- has predator
- is consumed for energetic or other nutritional needs (by another organism)
- interacts with
- an organism has an effect on another organism in the community.
- Area covered with low-growing or stunted perennial vegetation and usually not mixed with trees.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!