- North-West Atlantic Ocean species (NWARMS)
Aartsenia candida is a species of sea snail, a marine gastropod mollusk in the family Pyramidellidae, the pyrams and their allies. The species is one of the two species within the Aartsenia genus, with the exception of the other related species being Aartsenia arctica.
This species occurs in the following locations:
- European waters (ERMS scope)
- North West Atlantic
Additional information regarding this species:
- Distribution: southern Gaspe waters (Baie des Chaleurs, Gaspe Bay to American, Orphan and Bradelle banks; eastern boundary: eastern Bradelle Valley)
- Habitat: circalittoral of the Gulf and estuary
- Gofas, S. (2011). Aartsenia candida (Møller, 1842). Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=140895 on 2011-10-26
- Gofas, S.; Le Renard, J.; Bouchet, P. (2001). Mollusca, in: Costello, M.J. et al. (Ed.) (2001). European register of marine species: a check-list of the marine species in Europe and a bibliography of guides to their identification. Collection Patrimoines Naturels, 50: pp. 180-213
- Brunel, P., L. Bosse, and G. Lamarche. 1998. Catalogue of the marine invertebrates of the estuary and Gulf of St. Lawrence. Canadian Special Publication of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 126. 405 p.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!