Conus colmani is part of a species complex including Conus albellus, Conus lizardensis and Conus limpusi, that needs re-evaluation. For conservation implications, all are here tentatively listed as distinct species. 
The size of an adult shell varies between 35 mm and 52 mm.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2011)|
This marine species is found along Queensland, Australia.
- Röckel, D., and Korn, W., 1990. Zur Identiät von Conus lizardensis Crosse, 1865 und Conus sibogae Schepman, 1913 - mit Beschreibung dreier neuer Conus-Arten von Queensland, Australien (Mollusca: Conidae). Acta Conchyliorum, 2: 5 -22
- Conus colmani Röckel & Korn, 1990. Retrieved through: World Register of Marine Species on 3 March 2015.
- Filmer R.M. (2001). A Catalogue of Nomenclature and Taxonomy in the Living Conidae 1758 - 1998. Backhuys Publishers, Leiden. 388pp.
- Tucker J.K. (2009). Recent cone species database. September 4th 2009 Edition
- Tucker J.K. & Tenorio M.J. (2009) Systematic classification of Recent and fossil conoidean gastropods. Hackenheim: Conchbooks. 296 pp.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!