The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Abbott, R.T. 1974. American Seashells. 2nd ed. Van Nostrand Reinhold: New York, NY (USA). 663 pp.
- Bouchet P., Gofas S. & Rosenberg G. (2015). WoRMS Mollusca: World Marine Mollusca database (version Feb 2013). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Collins M.A. & Villanueva R. 2006. Taxonomy, ecology and behaviour of the cirrate octopods. Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review 44: 277-322.
- Collins, M. A. In press. The genus Grimpoteuthis (Octopoda: Grimpoteuthidae) in the North-east Atlantic, with descriptions of three new species.
- Holotype: Verrill, A. 1885. Trans. Conn. Acad. Arts Sci. 6(2): 404-405.
- ITIS database
- North-West Atlantic Ocean species (NWARMS)
- Robson, G. C. 1932. A Monograph of the Recent Cephalopoda. Part II. The Octopoda. 359
- Roper, C. F. E. and M. J. Sweeney. 1978. A catalog of the type-specimens of Recent Cephalopoda in the National Museum of Natural History. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 278. 1-19
- Rosenberg, G. (2015). Grimpoteuthis plena. In: MolluscaBase (2015). Accessed through: World Register of Marine Species at http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=157021
- Sweeney, M. J. and C. F. E. Roper / N. A. Voss, M. Vecchione, R. B. Toll and M. J. Sweeney, eds. 1998. Classification, type localities and type repositories of recent Cephalopoda. Systematics and Biogeography of Cephalopods. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, 586 (I-II). 561-599
- Verrill, A. E. 1885. Third catalogue of Mollusca, recently added to the fauna of the New England coast and the adjacent parts of the Atlantic, consisting mostly of deep-sea species, with notes on others previously recorded. Transaction of the Connecticut Academy of Sciences, 6 (2). 395-452
- Verrill, A.E. 1885. Third catalog of Mollusca recently added to the fauna of the New England coast and the adjacent parts of the Atlantic, consisting mostly of deep-sea species with notes on others previously recorded. Transactions of the Connecticut Academy, 6(2): 395-452.
- van der Land, J. (ed). (2008). UNESCO-IOC Register of Marine Organisms (URMO).
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!