Data about Domopora
About Data on EOL
TraitBank gathers data and metadata from multiple sources into a single, fully-referenced and semantically accessible taxon-centric view.
Contact us for more information on sharing data sets with EOL or to recommend a data set for inclusion into TraitBank.
Funding for the development of EOL computable data functionality provided by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and from EOL users around the world. Contact the EOL Secretariat for more information on TraitBank.
water depth min
|55 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
|max||55 m||OBIS Environmental Information|
Database and Repository Coverage
type specimen repository
Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle (MNHN)
||Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF)|
Glossary for Domopora
- A plane angle unit which is equal to 1/360 of a full rotation or 1.7453310^[-2] rad.
- The geographic latitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are north of the Equator, negative values are south of it. Legal values lie between -90 and 90, inclusive.
- The geographic longitude (in decimal degrees, using the spatial reference system given in geodeticDatum) of the geographic center of a Location. Positive values are east of the Greenwich Meridian, negative values are west of it. Legal values lie between -180 and 180, inclusive.
- Meters. A length unit which is equal to the length of the path traveled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299 792 458 of a second.
- Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle (MNHN)
- Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle (MNHN), Paris, France. URL for main institutional website: http://www.mnhn.fr/museum/foffice/science/science/sommaire.xsp
- type specimen repository
- The institution that holds a type specimen for a given species. The recommended best practice is to use the identifier in a collections registry such as the Biodiversity Collections Index (http://www.biodiversitycollectionsindex.org/).
- water depth
- The depth of seawater at a location where this organism has been observed or collected.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!