The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Hill, J.E., and J.D. Smith. 1984. Bats: a natural history. Austin: University of Texas Press.
- Kirsch, J. A., J. M. Hutcheon, D. C. Byrnes & B. D. Llyod. In Press. Affinites and historical zoogeography of the New Zealand Short-tailed bat, Mystacina tuberculata Gray 1843, inferred from DNA-hybridization comparisons. Journal of Mammalian Evolution.
- Koopman, K. F. 1993. Order Chiroptera. In Mammal species of the world, a taxonomic and geographic reference, 2nd ed. D. E. Wilson and D. M. Reeder. Washinton, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution Press.
- Koopman, K. F. 1994. Chiroptera: systematics. Handbook of zoology, vol 8, pt. 60. Mammalia, 217 pp.
- Simmons, N.B. & J.H. Geisler. 1998. Phylogenetic relationships of Icaronycteris, Archeonycteris, Hassianycteris, and Palaeochiropteryx to extant bat lineages, with comments on the evolution of echolocation and foraging strategies in microchiroptera. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History. 235:1-182.
- Simmons, N.B. 1998. A reappraisal of interfamilial relationships of bats. In Bats: Phylogeny, Morphology, Echolocation and Conservation Biology. T.H. Kunz and P.A. Racey (eds.). Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press.
- Simmons, Nancy B. / Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 2005. Order Chiroptera. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 3rd ed., vols. 1 & 2. 312-529
- Teeling, Emma C., Mark S. Springer, Ole Madsen, Paul Bates, Stephen O'Brien, and William J. Murphy. 2005. A molecular phylogeny for bats illuminates biogeography and the fossil record. Science, vol. 307, no. 5709. 580-584
- Volleth, M. and K. -G., Heller. 1994. Phylogenetic relationships of vespertilionid genera (Mammalia: Chiroptera) as revealed by karyological analysis. Zeitschrift für zoologische Systematik und Evolutionsforschung, 32:11-34.
- Wilson, Don E., and DeeAnn M. Reeder, eds. 1993. Mammal Species of the World: A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference, 2nd ed., 3rd printing. xviii + 1207
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!