The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- 2004. "UNEP-WCMC Species Database: CITES-Listed Species" (On-line). Accessed April 28, 2004 at http://www.cites.org/eng/resources/species.html.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Baptista, L. F., P. W. Trail, and H. M. Horblit. 1997. Family Columbidae (pigeons and doves). Pages 60243 in Handbook of the Birds of the World, Vol. 4. Sandgrouse to Cuckoos. J. del Hoyo, A. Elliott, and J. Sargatal, eds. Lynx Editions, Barcelona.
- Baptista, L., P. Trail, H. Horblit. 1992. Family Columbidae (Pigeons and Doves). Pp. 60-243 in J del Hoyo, A Elliott, J Sargatal, eds. Handbook of the Birds of the World, Vol. 4. Barcelona: Lynx Edicions.
- Crome, F. and J. Shields. 1992. Parrots and Pigeons of Australia. Angus and Robertson and the National Photographic Index of Australian Wildlife, Sydney.
- Dickinson, E. 2003. The Howard and Moore Complete Checklist of the Birds of the World, 3rd edition. London: Christopher Helm.
- Frith, H. 1982. Pigeons and Doves of Australia. Adelaide: Rigby Publishers.
- Gibbs, D., E. Barnes, J. Cox. 2001. Pigeons and Doves: A Guide to the Pigeons and Doves of the World. Sussex: Pica Press.
- Gibbs, D., J. Cox, and E. Barnes. 2001. Pigeons and Doves: A Guide to the Pigeons and Doves of the World. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Goodwin, D. 1983. Pigeons and Doves of the World. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, New York.
- Goodwin, D. 1983. Pigeons and Doves of the World. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press.
- Hardy, J. W., G. B. Reynard, and B. B. Coffey. 1989. Voices of the New World Pigeons and Doves. ARA Records, Gainesville, Florida.
- I. K. Sharma, A study of ecosystems of the Indian desert, Trans. Indian Soc. Desert Technol. and Univ. Center Desert Stud. 5(2):51-55, from p. 52 and A study of agro-ecosystems in the Indian desert, ibid. 5:77-82, from p. 79 1980).
- IUCN, 2003. "2003 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species" (On-line). Accessed April 28, 2004 at http://www.redlist.org/.
- Johnson, K. P. 2004. Deletion bias in avian introns over evolutionary timescales. Molecular Biology and Evoluiton 21:599-602.
- Johnson, K. P. and D. H. Clayton. 2000. Nuclear and mitochondrial genes contain similar phylogenetic signal for pigeons and doves (Aves: Columbiformes). Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 14:141151.
- Johnson, K. P., S. De Kort, K. Dinwoodey, A. C. Mateman, C. ten Cate, C. M. Lessells, and D. H. Clayton. 2001. A molecular phylogeny of the dove genera Streptopella and Columba. Auk 118(4):874-887.
- Lack, P. 2003. Pigeons and Doves. Pp. 288-295 in C Perrins, ed. The New Encyclopedia of Birds. Oxford: Oxford Univeristy Press.
- Lijtmaer, D. A., B. Mahler, and P. L. Tubaro. 2003. Hybridization and postzygotic isolation patterns in pigeons and doves. Evolution 57(6):1411-1418.
- Mahler, B. and P. L. Tubaro. 2001. Relationship between song characters and morphology in New World pigeons. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 74(4):533-539.
- P. G. Howes, The Giant Cactus Forest and Its World: A Brief Biology of the Giant Cactus Forest of Our American Southwest (Duell, Sloan, and Pearce, New York; Little, Brown, Boston; 1954), from pp. 222-239, from p. 227.
- Payne, R. 2003. "Bird Families of the World" (On-line). Accessed April 28, 2004 at http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/Bird_Families_of_the_World.html.
- Pereira, S. L., K. P. Johnson, D. H. Clayton, and A. J. Baker. 2007. Mitochondrial and Nuclear DNA Sequences Support a Cretaceous Origin of Columbiformes and a Dispersal-Driven Radiation in the Paleogene. Systematic Biology 56(4):656672.
- Shapiro, B., D. Sibthorpe, A. Rambaut, J. Austin, G. M. Wragg, O. R. Bininda-Emonds, P. L. Lee, and A. Cooper. 2002. Flight of the dodo. Science 295(5560):1683.
- Sibley, C., J. Ahlquist. 1990. Phylogeny and Classification of Birds, A study in Molecular Evolution. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Steadman, D. W. 1997. The historic biogeography and community ecology of Polynesian pigeons and doves. Journal of Biogeography 24(6):737-753.
- Wells, J., A. Wells. 2001. Pigeons and Doves. Pp. 319-325 in C Elphick, J Dunning, D Sibley, eds. The Sibley Guide to Bird Life and Behavior. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!