The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, A. L. Gardner, and W. C. Starnes. 2003. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada
- Banks, R. C., R. W. McDiarmid, and A. L. Gardner. 1987. Checklist of Vertebrates of the United States, the U.S. Territories, and Canada. Resource Publication, no. 166. 79
- Fjeldså, J. 2004. The Grebes: Podicipedidae. Bird Families of the World XII. Oxford University Press, New York.
- Konter, A. 2001. Grebes of our World: Visiting all Species on 5 Continents. Lynx Edicions, Barcelona.
- Livezey, B. C. 1989. Flightlessness in grebes (Aves, Podicipedidae) - its independent evolution in 3 genera. Evolution 43 (1):29-54.
- Ogilvie, M. and C. Rose. 2003. Grebes of the World. Bruce Coleman, Uxbridge.
- ODonnel, C. and J. Fjeldså. 1997. Grebes: Status Survey and Conservation Action Plan. IUCN/SSC Grebe Specialist Group, IUCN, Gland, Switzerland and Cambridge, UK.
- van der Valk, A. 2006. The Biology of Freshwater Wetlands. Oxford: Oxford University Press. 173 p.
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!