The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- Breder, C.M. and D.E. Rosen0 Modes of reproduction in fishes. T.F.H. Publications, Neptune City, New Jersey. 941 p. (Ref. 205)
- CITES0 Appendices I, II and III valid from 12 June 2013. UNEP. (Ref. 94142)
- Clark, T.0 Abundance, home range, and movement patterns of manta rays (Manta alfredi, M. birostris) in Hawai'i. University of Hawai'I, Mãnoa, HI. PhD thesis. (Ref. 97313)
- Couturier, L.I.E., A.D. Marshall, F.R.A. Jaine, T. Kashiwagi, S.J. Pierce, K.A. Townsend, S.J. Weeks, M.B. Bennett and A.J. Richardson0 Biology, ecology and conservation of the Mobulidae. J. Fish Biol. 80(5):1075-1119. (Ref. 91918)
- Couturier, L.I.E., F.R.A. Jaine, K.A. Townsend, S.J. Weeks, A.J. Richardson and M.B. Bennett0 Distribution, site affinity and regional movements of the manta ray, Manta alfredi (Krefft, 1868), along the east coast of Australia. Mar. Freshwat. Res. 62:628-637. (Ref. 97317)
- Deakos, M.H., J.D. Baker and L. Bejder0 Characteristics of a manta ray Manta alfredi population off Maui, Hawaii, and implications for management. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 429:245-260. (Ref. 97319)
- Dewar, H., P. Mous, M. Domeier, A. Muljadi, J. Pet and J. Whitty0 Movements and site fidelity of the giant manta ray, Manta birostris, in the Komodo Marine Park, Indonesia. Mar. Biol. 155:121-133. (Ref. 97320)
- Dolar, M.L.L.0 Incidental takes of small cetaceans in fisheries in Palawan, central Visayas and northern Mindanao in the Philippines. Reports of the International Whaling Commission, Special Issue 15:355-363. (Ref. 85207)
- Donaldson, T.J.0 Fishes of the remote Southwest Palau Islands: a zoogeographic perspective. Pac. Sci. 50(3):285-308. (Ref. 99878)
- Eschmeyer, W.N. (ed.)0 Catalog of fishes. Updated internet version of 06 May 2010. Catalog databases of CAS cited in FishBase (website). (Ref. 84081)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, April 2014. (Ref. 95632)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2010. (Ref. 83882)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, March 2012. (Ref. 90062)
- FAO-FIES0 Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Information System (ASFIS) species list. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/fishery/collection/asfis/en, [accessed 13/04/2015]. (Ref. 101110)
- Fricke, R., M. Kulbicki and L. Wantiez0 Checklist of the fishes of New Caledonia, and their distribution in the Southwest Pacific Ocean (Pisces). Stuttgarter Beiträge zur Naturkunde A, Neue Serie 4:341-463. (Ref. 86942)
- Froese R. & Pauly D. (eds) (2015). FishBase (version Jan 2015). In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life, 26th August 2015 (Roskov Y., Abucay L., Orrell T., Nicolson D., Kunze T., Flann C., Bailly N., Kirk P., Bourgoin T., DeWalt R.E., Decock W., De Wever A., eds). Digital resource at www.catalogueoflife.org/col. Species 2000: Naturalis, Leiden, the Netherlands. ISSN 2405-8858.
- Golani, D. and S. V. Bogorodsky0 The fishes of the Red Sea - reappraisal and updated checklist. Zootaxa 2463:1-135. (Ref. 84159)
- Ito, T. and T. Kashiwagi0 Morphological and genetic identification of two species of manta ray occuring in Japanese waters: Manta birostris and M. alfredi. Report of the Japanese Society for Elasmobranch Studies, 46:8-10. (Ref. 86407)
- Kashiwagi, T. and T. Ito0 Occurences of reef manta ray, Manta alfredi and giant manta ray, M. birostris, in Japan, examined by photographic records. Report of Japanese Society for Elasmobranch Studies, 46, 20-27. (Ref. 86408)
- Kashiwagi, T., A. Marshall, M. Bennett and J Ovenden0 Habitat segregation and mosaic sympatry of the two species of manta ray in the Indian and Pacific Oceans: Manta alfredi and M. birostris.. Marine Biodiversity Records Vol. 4;e53;2011. (Ref. 101161)
- Marshall, A.D. and M.B. Bennett0 Reproductive ecology of the reef manta ray Manta alfredi in southern Mozambique. J. Fish Biol. 77:169-190. (Ref. 97311)
- Marshall, A.D., C.L. Dudgeon and M.B. Bennett0 Size and structure of a photographically identified population of manta rays Manta alfredi in southern Mozambique. Mar. Biol. 158:1111-1124. (Ref. 97318)
- Marshall, A.D., L.J.V. Compagno and M.B. Bennett. 2009. Redescription of the genus Manta with resurrection of Manta alfredi (Krefft, 1868) (Chondrichthyes; Myliobatoidei; Mobulidae). Zootaxa 2301:1-28.
- Marshall, A.D., L.J.V. Compagno and M.B. Bennett0 Redescription of the genus Manta with resurrection of Manta alfredi (Krefft, 1868) (Chondrichthyes; Myliobatoidei; Mobulidae). Zootaxa 2301:1-28. (Ref. 82755)
- Seeto, J. and W.J. Baldwin0 A checklist of the fishes of Fiji and a bibliography of Fijian fish. Division of Marine Studies Technical Report 1/2010. The University of the South Pacific. Suva, Fiji. 102 p. (Ref. 85272)
- Sumpton, W.D., S.M. Taylor, N.A. Gribble, G. McPherson and T. Ham0 Gear selectivity of large-mesh nets and drumlines used to catch sharks in the Queensland Shark Control Program. Afr. J. Mar. Sci. 33:37-43. (Ref. 97322)
- Wirtz, P., A. Brito, J.M. Falcón, R. Freitas, R. Fricke, V. Monteiro, F. Reiner and O. Tariche0 The coastal fishes of the Cape Verde Islands - new records and an annotated check-list. Spixiana 36(1):113-142. (Ref. 94080)
- Young, N.0 An analysis of the trends in by-catch of turtle species, angel sharks, and batoid species in the protective gillnets off Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. University of Reading, Reading, UK. MSc thesis. (Ref. 97321)
EOL content is automatically assembled from many different content providers. As a result, from time to time you may find pages on EOL that are confusing.
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!