The following bibliography has been generated by bringing together all references provided by our content partners. There may be duplication.
- How to Know the Seaweeds, 2nd edition. Dubuque, Iowa: Wm. C. Brown Company. (1978).
- Biology and systematics of heterokont and haptophyte algae. American Journal of Botany. 91, 1508-1522. (2004).
- Fishes associated with pelagic Sargassum and open water lacking Sargassum in the Gulf Stream off North Carolina. Fisheries Bulletin. 106, 348-363. (2008).
- Fautin D, Dalton P, Incze LS, Leong J-AC, Pautzke C, et al. 2010. An Overview of Marine Biodiversity in United States Waters. PLoS ONE 5(8): e11914. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0011914
- A Field Guide to the Atlantic Seashore. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. (1978).
- Satellite Images Show the Movement of Floating Sargassum in the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean. Nature Precedings. (2008).
- Why habitat architecture and color are important to shrimps living in pelagic Sargassum: use of camouflage and plant-part mimicry. Marine Ecology Progress Series. 70, 143-155. (1991).
- RESEARCH SHOWS CRITICAL VALUE OF GULF OF MEXICO SARGASSUM. Sport Fishing. (2007).
- A Field Guide to Southeastern and Caribbean Seashores. Boston: Houghton Mifflin. (1988).
- The Seaweed Handbook. New York: Dover Publications. (1986).
- Effects of mat morphology on large Sargassum-associated fishes: observations from a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) and free-floating video camcorders. Environmental Biology of Fishes. 51, 391-398. (1998).
- Seaweeds of the Southeastern United States: Cape Hatteras to Cape Canaveral. Durham, North Carolina: Duke University Press. (1991).
- Silva, Paul C., Philip W. Basson, and Richard L. Moe. 1996. Catalogue of the Benthic Marine Algae of the Indian Ocean. University of California Publications in Botany, vol. 79. xiv + 1259
- Spatial and temporal patterns of habitat use by fishes associated with Sargassum mats in the northwestern Gulf of Mexico. Bulletin of Marine Science. 74, 81-99. (2004).
To request an improvement, please leave a comment on the page. Thank you!