Patrick Leary

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Panthera tigris":

16 days ago • deleted: 15 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Animalia":

16 days ago • deleted: 14 days ago

• Profile picture of caoquocdung who took this action.

caoquocdung commented on "Animalia":

16 days ago • deleted: 15 days ago

• Profile picture of JohelChaves who took this action.

JohelChaves commented on "Katja Schulz":

H Katja, a quick question. There is a minor error (comma misplaced in a number) in one of the articles provided by one of my former student about 2 years ago (Scorpiones by Cassandra Owen). I tried to correct the error but that article was uploaded (by me) using edulifedesks, which is no longer used by EOL. So, I no longer have access to this article. How could I (or someone else) fix this issue? Thanks.

about 1 month ago • edited: about 1 month ago

Yan Wong commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Markus Ankenbrand: It should be done already, but there was some mistake somewhere and I think it is just waiting to be deployed: https://github.com/EOL/tramea/issues/147

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

Is it planned to add the Access-Control-Allow-Origin header to the EOL API to allow cross-origin HTTP requests? It would be really handy to create dynamic pages for organisms with content from EOL. I'm aware that I can do this with PHP on the server side but I'd prefer using AJAX on the client side.

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Starri Heidmarsson who took this action.

Starri Heidmarsson commented on "EOL Curators":

@Bob Corrigan: thanks for a prompt reply! Good luck with the repair ;-)

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Bob Corrigan who took this action.

Bob Corrigan commented on "EOL Curators":

@Starri Heidmarsson: The quick answer is "something changed that broke them". We're working on a fix.

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Starri Heidmarsson who took this action.

Starri Heidmarsson commented on "EOL Curators":

Where are the distribution maps based on data from GBIF which were visible earlier?

2 months ago

• Profile picture of Elza  Pap who took this action.

Elza Pap commented on "EOL Curators":

@Katja Schulz: Thank you @Katja Schulz, I uploaded Graellsia isabelle x. Acitas selene hibrid and Niphargus aggtelekiensis images to encyclopedia of life group on flickr (i got licenses both of image for owners to me) ! I hope i did well... Tomorrow i will create a page for Graellsia isabelle x Actias selene!

4 months ago • edited: 4 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

My mail address is markus.ankenbrand@uni-wuerzburg.de Many thanks again for your great help.

6 months ago

Yan Wong commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Markus Ankenbrand: Have you got an email? If you don't want to post it publicly here, send me a DM on twitter @DrYanWong

6 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Yan Wong: Yes, I would appreciate that. I just had a look at the dump and I'm rather overwhelmed. Thanks in advance!

6 months ago

Yan Wong commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Markus Ankenbrand: I have some Python code for mining the dump, if you like.

6 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@YanWong: Hi Yan, thanks for this fast, elaborate and very helpful response. I will check out your links and add my +1. In the meanwhile I will use the wikidata JSON dump. Markus

6 months ago

Yan Wong commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

@Markus Ankenbrand: Hi Marcus. I had the same problem, and raised this issue about it: https://github.com/EOL/tramea/issues/40. Do comment there if it is something you would like to see - the more people ask, the more likely it is to get done (there's a big backlog of more important EoL coding improvements to make at the moment, though). The other route is to go via 3rd parties. The most promising lead here is via one of the developers at EoL, called Dima. He also runs a service called GNresolver, and I raised the issue with him there (http://globalnames.org/news/2015/09/22/otol-eol/). He is intending to do an EoL import every month or so, and eventually the IDs should be made available through a project called BioGUID (http://globalnames.org/news/2015/10/14/bishop-museum-workshop/), but I don't think that is there yet. Meanwhile, I've been using the wikidata JSON dump (https://dumps.wikimedia.org/wikidatawiki/entities/) which has booth NCBI and EOL ids for perhaps a million taxa or so. Drop me a message on my feed if you want to know more. Yan

6 months ago

• Profile picture of Markus Ankenbrand who took this action.

Markus Ankenbrand commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

I want to retrieve a complete mapping from NCBI taxids to EOL page ids. I can query the API via search_by_provider but I can only ask for one taxid at a time. As I want to map more than 700,000 taxids this approach is not feasible. Is there any other way to get this kind of mapping for a large number of ids?

6 months ago

• Profile picture of tukaram who took this action.

tukaram commented on "EOL API Discussion Group":

I want a list of EOL plants pages with there ids for linking my site . Can it possible?

7 months ago

Yan, the info for the EOL species of the day widget is stored as text with the page in the EOL species of the day collection. We had talked about adding a field for "Tagline" or "Factoid" or something. It is a good idea -- maybe suggest it here: https://github.com/EOL/eol/issues

7 months ago