Leszek A. Bledzki, holds a Ph.D. in Natural Sciences and a M.S. in Environmental Sciences, both from the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun and a Forestry Engineer (Forest Management) diploma from the Forestry High School at Goraj. He has been working at Mount Holyoke College as a Research Assistant, Research Associate, Visiting Assistant Professor, and Senior Research Associate in the the Miller Worley Center for the Environment, Environmental Studies Department and Department of Biology. His research interests range from ecology, limnology, biostatistics and modeling, through ecosystems functioning, global climate change, nitrogen and carbon cycling in temperate peatlands to taxonomy, ecology and biogeography of Rotifera, Cladocera and Copepoda. Dr. Bledzki is the author of over 100 peer-reviewed and popular-press articles and several books.
- Błędzki LA (2016). Daphnia of North America. Key to species identification, with notes on ecology and distribution.
- Błędzki LA & Rybak JI. (2016). Freshwater Crustacean Zooplankton of Europe, Cladocera & Copepoda (Calanoida, Cyclopoida), Key to species identification, with notes on ecology, distribution, methods and introduction to data analysis. Springer, XVI, 918 pp., 714 b/w illustrations, eBook ISBN 978-3-319-29871-9, Hardcover ISBN 978-3-319-29870-2, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-29871-9 [Springer] [eBook link]
- Błędzki LA and K Szeroczyńska (2015). "Palaeolimnological evidence of Bosmina morphotypes appearance in the late Holocene." The Holocene 25(3): 557-561.
- Błędzki LA (2014) A guide to the identification of Daphnia species (Crustacea: Cladocera) of New England (Northeast USA), Manuscript for Mount Holyoke College Students, 19 pp.
- Błędzki LA, et al. ( 2013). The late Holocene appearance of European Bosmina (Eubosmina) thersites (Crustacea, Cladocera) in lakes surrounding the Baltic Sea." Hydrobiologia 715(1): 77-86.
- Rybak JI and LA Błędzki (2010). Freshwater planktonic crustacea . Key for species identification (Cladocera, Copepoda). (In Polish). Warsaw University Press, Warsaw, 366 pp.
- Rybak JI and LA Błędzki (2005). Copepoda: Cyclopoida. Identification key. Inspekcja Ochrony Srodowiska, Warsaw. (In Polish). 127 pp.
- Błędzki LA and AM Ellison (2003). "Diversity of rotifers from northeastern U.S.A. bogs with new species records for North America and New England." Hydrobiologia 497: 53-62.
- Full name
- Leszek Bledzki
- I am
- an educator, a professional scientist
- Curator level
- Full Curator
Faculty/Staff of Mount Holyoke College
Author of over 100 papers and 3 books for identification of Cladocera and Copepoda
Member of SIL and ASLO
- Curation scope
- Worldwide: Cladocera and (freshwater) Copepoda